***Joana's Vanilla 1-60 Leveling guide for Horde***
Who Am I?
What Am I Working On Now?
Will I play WoW again in the future?
About This Guide:
The first time I went through the game, I attempted virtually EVERY quest, by doing this I learned what quests are worth doing, and which quests should be avoided (because some quests are not good enough for the time/XP reward, and some quests are just down right too hard to solo at certain levels. How did I find out about all the quests? Easy, websites such as Thottbot.com and wow.allakhazam.com show you EVERY quest in the game, and give huge amounts of detail about where all the quest mobs/items are at, and how much the XP reward is for it and everything. And the first time I went through the game I read EVERY quest description and took my time REAL slowly, learning everything I can about the game, I tried every profession, I did every instance like at least 5 times, and (with my dedication) I studied websites on every instance, about the loot from the mobs, all the quests for them, and the correct way to do each one. As I played through the game the first time I constantly pressed "M" key to see the map to see where I was, so I can memorize the game world and where everything is at exactly (heck I still do that now!). This guide has only been in my head, until now. This quest pattern in my opinion is VERY accurate and will show people the fastest way to do most of all the Horde quests in the game in the least amount of time and will give other hints on how to do them too. This is the same questing pattern I used to get 4 days 20 hours /played time to 60 on a new server, and has even been revised for the better!
Also the quest patterns are pretty much the same no matter what class you choose (except you have to do your class's quests which aren't a whole lot). I'm going to give my quest patterns starting with a hunter in Durotar.
If you come across any quest that you don't know where or how to do it, simply look it up at either wow.allakhazam.com or Thottbot.com, they will tell you everything about the quest. If you are confused as to where the specific zones are at, then this map should help you find them.
PLEASE READ! (HOW TO USE THIS GUIDE): All quests and mob links are colored in BLUE. All quests are linked to both Thottbot and Allakhazam, you can see this by the last two letters in each quest link will take you to Thottbot instead of Allakhazam.
ABOUT THE VIDEOS: All video links are in RED, All videos are linked to YouTube. This video was recorded on Jubei'Thos server, and shows me going from 1-60 in 4 days 20 hours /played time, and first to 60 on that server!
Keep in mind the text guide is actually more up to date than the video itself. I have a few slightly modified questing patterns in the text guide that don't match the video, the ones in the text are more accurate.
HUNTER ONLY PARTS: All text colored in MAROON are hunter specific ONLY.
November 1st, 2013 - Added yellow highlights next to each number that has a number on the map. This is to let you know if you should look on the maps or not.
Please link to the guide here as I continue to update this as needed.
Here's my basic leveling pattern:
LVL - Area
Tauren 1-12 Undead 1-12 Blood Elf 1-12
01) I do every single quest in Durotar! Here's the fastest way to do em:
10) Turn in "Etched Tablet" (around 43.69) and get new spells/abilities for your class.
14) Once those two quests are done use your hearthstone.
16) The starting area is now completed. Leave starting noob zone (by heading east).
06) Run up to Razor Hill (52.44), grinding mobs along the way, and make sure you get to level 6 before you get up there for new spells.
10) Get first aid. (at 54.41)
18) Once that is done turn it in (at 54.75).
20) Go to Echo Isles (the islands south-east of Durotar) and do the following 4 quests together:
25) After completing all these quests, die on purpose, so you end up right at Sen'jin Village (55.74)...
05) Grind mobs to lvl 10.
07) Get new spells/abilities.
09) Dire molted bore (south of razor hill)
10) Surf crawler (north east of razor hill at 58.30), DON'T go down to Senjen Village, it's too far away. Then Hearth if you can, if not run back.
11) Armored scorpid (north west of razor hill)
13) Go way up north-east, (at 57.16) and tame an Encrusted Surf Crawler for your first real pet.
15) Go to Orgrimmar (at 45.11)
29) If you can, try to kill Gazz'uz, he drops 'Eye of Burning Shadow' item which starts "Burning Shadows" quest. HINT: use the quest reward item Faintly Glowing Skull to help you kill him, he's tough without it, also try to party up with somebody if you can. (See Video on how I killed Gazz'uz)
31) Go to into Orgrimmar.
38) Hearth to Razor Hill.
39) Build up first aid.
40) Get new spells/abilities.
42) Run west into the Barrens...
03) Run to XRs (Crossroads) (at 52.30) (If you're a hunter do step 4)
04) While on my way to XRs, I abandon my crab and tame a Savannah Huntress cat, for my new pet.
05) Once at XRs (at 52.30) turn in "Crossroads Conscription" Then accept all quests in XRs (which includes: "Meats to Orgrimmar" "Plainstrider Menace" "The Forgotten Pools" "Raptor Thieves" "Wharfmaster Dizzywig" "Fungal Spores" "Disrupt the Attacks" "Supplies for the Crossroads" and "Harpy Raiders" on top of the watch tower). Turn in "Meats to Orgrimmar" i SKIP "Ride to Orgrimmar"
06) Make XRs your home.
07) Get FP (Flight Path)
13) Go to Ratchet, get the Flight Path there (63.37) and accept "Raptor Horns" "Samophlange" "Southsea Freebooters" "The Guns of Northwatch". Turn in "Chen's Empty Keg" if you have it ... accept the next part to it, and focus on doing this quest while throughout the Barrens.
17) Once those are done, turn them in (at 62.38), accept new ones, then go do:
24) At this point, I make sure I have three/four 6 slot bags, if I don't, I buy them at the bag vendor.
25) Run west from XRs, go to the guy in the hut... (at 45.28)
27) Go start doing:
04) Accept and do the escort quest there ("Protect Kaya" 73.85 in the hut), This quest can be a little tough, kill the Sorcerer first that pops out during the one battle you have to fight. If it's too hard for you, you can skip it.
01) Grind your way back to the guy in the hut (at 45.28)
04) Run to XRs (Cross Roads at 52.30)
05) Turn in ALL quests, grab ALL new ones...
10) Get new spells/abilities.
12) Go to first aid guy at spirit rise to build up first aid.
13) Go up to the tower in middle of town to get FP, but DON'T fly back to XRs.
14) Hearth back to XRs.
22) Grind your way south to Ratchet (63.37)...
26) Run to XRs (52.30)..
31) Hearth to XRs.
01) Go down south and do:
06) Grind your way to Camp Taurajo (45.58)
08) Go to gnoll in the cage...
12) At this point, you should be about half way to level 20.
13) Now comes the fun part: Wailing Caverns Instance! (at 46.36). You will need a full group to do this. OPTIONAL: GRIND all the way to level 20! (which is what I do, but it's not recommended). I grind away at beasts and brisstlebacks just north of CT.
15) Once you are at least 5 bars away from 20, run to XRs...
17) Fly to Orgrimmar, get new spells/abilities.
19) Hearth back to XRs.
20) Fly to Ratchet...
23) Then go do: "The Guns of Northwatch" (at 60.55) (See complete video on this quest along with the escort quest)
26) Turn in both quests at Ratchet, then..
27) Hearth to XRs. (if hearth stone is still on a cooldown, fly to XRs)
28) Run west into Stonetalon Mountains...
01) Run to Malaka'Jin (at 71.94)
09) Run to Sun Rock Retreat at 46.59.
11) Get FP there.
16) Hearth to XRs.
02) Run to Splintertree Post (at 73.65)
04) Get FP in Splintertree Post.
05) Run all the way to Zoram Strand (at 13.31), grind mobs along the way.
08) Do the following quests:
10) Hearth back to XRs, if hearth stone is still on a cooldown, fly there.
11) Remember to buy ammo/arrows.
01) Fly to CT.
03) Make CT your home.
04) I give bloodshards to the gnoll in the cage to get increased agility/spirit.
11) Fly to XR.
16) Fly to Stonetalon Mountains...
02) Make Sun Rock Retreat your home.
10) NOTE: I skip getting my level 24 spells/abilities (cause there's little that are useful at this level)
16) Hearth back to Sun Rock Retreat.
17) Stock back up on food/water.
19) Once they are all done, make sure you are at least 5 bars away from level 25, so you may have to grind a little.
21) Then fly to CT...
02) Make CT your home.
04) Go down and do:
11) Run to Freewind Post... (45.50 in Thousand Needles)
03) Get FP there.
04) Go do (in the following order):
09) If you're not level 26 (or two bars away from it), grind till you are.
10) Go up to Freewind Post (45.50)..
13) Hearth to Camp Taurajo.
17) Fly to Thunder Bluff to get new spells/abilities.
20) Fly to Splintertree Post, Ashenvale...
01) Make it your home.
02) Do the following order:
03) Accept all the quests, which include: "Stonetalon Standstill" "Satyr Horns" "Ashenvale Outrunners" (accept this at 71.68). Make sure "The Ashenvale Hunt" is turned in at Senani Thunderheart (you can accept this quest right at the NPC itself). Note: I SKIP "Warsong Supplies" and "The Lost Pages"
04) Kill the first of the three mobs related to the Ashenvale hunt:
05) "Sharptalon's Claw" (Kill Sharptalon (patrols around 74.70), then he drops the item that starts this quest) (hint: easy way to kill it (he's lvl 31 mob), is to bring his health to a 3rd left, then drag him into the guards at Splintertree Post, they will finish em).
12) Hearth to Splintertree Post to turn in "Stonetalon Standstill" "The Befouled Element" (accept "Je'neu of the Earthen Ring") "Torek's Assault" and all three of the 'Ashenvale Hunt' quests, then accept and complete "The Hunt Completed"
15) Accept and do: "Between a Rock and a Thistlefur" (34.37) and "Troll Charm" (the cave is at 38.30). NOTE: While you are in the cave, there is an escort quest (a white bear-formed druid in a cage) called "Freedom to Ruul", try to do this quest, you may have to fight 3-5 mobs at once several times, if you fail then it can be skipped.
16) Once they are both completed, go turn in "Between a Rock and a Thistlefur" and "Troll Charm" (back at the Zoram Strand), then hearth back to Splintertree Post. Turn in "Freedom to Ruul" (if you did it)
17) If im not level 27 i'll grind till I am.
23) Go do "Ordanus" (61.52) (fight your way to him, just kill the guy, grab his head and jump out of there!)
27) Fly to Stonetalon Mountains...
02) Make Sun Rock Retreat your home.
05) Fly to Thunder Bluff.
06) Make Thunder Bluff your home.
08) Fly to Thousand Needles...
02) I do the following order:
10) Hearth to Thunder Bluff.
11) Get new spells/abilities.
14) Fly back to 1K Needles.
15) Make Freewind Post your home.
23) You should be level 29 by now, if not grind to level 29, I grind away at centuars around Camp E'Thok (18.23)
25) Kill the Galak Messenger, he drops 'Assassination Note' which starts "Assassination Plot" Turn in for Easy XP. Also turn in "Hypercapacitor Gizmo" and "A Dip in the Moonwell" ... accept "Testing the Tonic"
27) If you are not at least 4 bars from level 30, grind until you are. Then hearth back to Freewind Post.
30) Fly to Orgrimmar
31) Make Orgrimmar your home.
32) Get new spells/abilities.
33) NOTE: At level 30, Mounts become available for you to buy, but they cost a total of 42 gold. At this point in the game, I tend to only have no more than 5-10 gold, in order to buy a mount you will either have to borrow the gold from a higher level player or just wait until you have the 42 gold to buy one (which for me, tends to be around level 43).
34) Go to Undercity (UC). You need to get on the zeppelin just right outside of Orgrimmar.
02) Get flight path there.
03) Run east into Arathi Highlands...
01) Run to Hammerfall (at 73.36)
04) Get FP there.
08) Hearth to Orgrimmar.
09) Get on the Zeppelin to go to Grom'Gol.
01) Get the FP at Grom'Gol.
02) Go up north (35.10) and start doing the STV hunt quests:
11) Skip the rest for now.
12) Hearth to Orgrimmar.
13) Fly to XRs.
16) Run back to XRs.
17) Fly to 1K needles.
18) Go east into Shimmering Flats (at 77.77)...
04) Accept and do the following 5 quests together:
10) Turn them all in.
15) You may or may not be level 32 right now, if not that's okay.
16) Go south into Tanaris to get FP in Gadgetzan at 51.25
17) Hearth to Orgrimmar.
21) Stop at first aid guy to buy silk bandage training. NOTE: Make sure you save all your extra Cloths in either your bank or mailbox, you will need them later for Cloth Donation quests.
22) Fly to Stonetalon Mountains.
01) First thing to do here is start killing mobs at the Thunder Axe Fortress (55.24)...
03) Then go down the path and do:
05) Go to Ghost Walker Post (56.59)
11) Do in the following order:
19) Make Shadowprey Village your home.
20) Then do:
22) This step is left blank...
26) Go do following at Thunder Axe Fortress (54.29):
30) Then grind your way back to the argent dawn dude (38.27)...
32) Then go do all this stuff in the water to the west:
41) Go to Ghost Walker Post (56.59), accept and turn in "The Burning of Spirits" "The Corrupter" Part3 .. accept and then turn in "The Corrupter" Part4. Accept "Alliance Relations" Skip "The Corrupter" Part5.
43) Then go do:
48) Hearth to Shadowprey Village.
51) You should be level 34 now for sure.
54) Fly to CT (In the Barrens). (the flight master is on the docks in Shadowprey Village)
55) Once at CT, run south-east into Dust Wallowmarsh (51.79 in the Barrens).
56) Collect the 3 quest-objects at the Shady Rest Inn: (See Video)
60) Now run to Brackenwall Village (35.29)
62) Stop at the troll vendor, buy the 3 first aid books.
01) Turn in "Goblin Sponsorship" Part2 .. accept "Goblin Sponsorship" Part3. Make BB your home! Accept "Singing Blue Shards" "Bloodscalp Ears" "Hostile Takeover" and "Investigate the Camp". Turn in "Goblin Sponsorship" Part3 at Baron Revilgaz ... accept "Goblin Sponsorship" Part4.
03) Then do the following:
04) Fly to Grom'gol...
06) Get new hunter spells/abilities.
09) IMPORTANT: Make sure you save any Green Hills of Stranglethorn pages you find and mail them to your alt for storage, you will need them for a later quest. You will need one of each of the following pages: 1, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, and 27. Once your alt collects all the pages, mail them back to your main. Now go complete these quests:
20) Should be lvl 35 now, either way buy lvl 35 food/water/repair (so that you are prepared for when you do turn level 35), then go do in the following order:
24) Then go to Nesingwary's Expedition (35.10)... turn in ALL quests, accept all new ones (except "The Green Hills of Stranglethorn"). Then go do:
33) Should be level 36 now, if not, grind to it. Then get new hunter spells/abilities.
34) Get on the zeppelin to go to the Undercity.
35) Once in the UC, turn in 60 Silk Cloth for "A Donation of Silk" quest (at 71.28).
01) Make Hammerfall your home.
06) Go in the cave (look for the tree, shows you where the hidden path is)...
09) Then do:
13) Go down and do:
20) Hearth to Hammerfall.
23) NOTE: i SKIP all stromguard quests (but I still recommend doing them if you can find groups)
03) Go do: "Crown of Will" (at Ruins of Alterac, around 40.50)
07) Fly to the UC.
10) Get on zeppelin to go to orgrimmar.
12) Fly to XRs.
13) Make XRs your home.
14) Fly to Freewind Post (1k needles)...
02) Run towards the Shimmering Flats..
05) Stop at the goblins and turn in "Parts for Kravel" ... accept "Delivery to the Gnomes" ... turn in "Delivery to the Gnomes". Turn in "Goblin Sponsorship" part3 ... accept "The Eighteenth Pilot". Turn in "The Eighteenth Pilot" ... accept "Razzeric's Tweaking". Turn in "Encrusted Tail Fins"
07) Do the following quests:
10) Hearth to XRs
14) Get new spells/abilities.
15) Fly to Dustwallow Marsh...
01) Make Brackenwall Village your home.
11) Do "Cleansing Witch Hill" and then turn it in.
15) Then stop at Brackenwall Village and turn in "Twilight of the Dawn Runner" "The Lost Report" and "Theramore Spies" ... accept "The Theramore Docks". Turn in "The Black Shield" ... accept "The Black Shield" again and turn it in.
21) Go up to 46.48 and do "Direhorn Raiders"
23) Go finish up the following quests:
25) "The Reagent Thief"
26) "The Grimtotem Weapon"
28) Go to Mudsprocket (at 41.73).
30) Get the FP there and fly to Brackenwall Village, Dustwallow Marsh.
33) Go kill Razorspine (at around 57.19) for the quest "Jarl Needs a Blade"
34) Go back and turn in "Jarl Needs a Blade"
36) Then Hearth back to Brackenwall Village.
38) Fly to Thunder Bluff.
41) Get on the boat to go to BB...
Please note: the video for this section is outdated with these new instructions.
03) Fly to Grom'gol.
06) Go do:
12) Hearth to BB.
13) Then go do:
16) Once that's done run back into BB.
21) Fly to Grom'gol.
23) Make Grom'gol your home.
24) You should be level 40 for sure now.
25) I get new hunter spells/abilities at grom'gol, also make sure you get the lvl 40 arrows/bullets.
26) Then get on the zeppelin to go to the UC.
27) Fly to Hammerfall.
28) Run all the way to the Badlands...
01) As you enter Badlands, run southwest to (42.52)...
06) Grind your way west to Kargath (4.46)...
07) Get FP at Kargath.
08) Do NOT make Kargath your home. (it should still be Grom'gol)
10) Then go do:
15) "Unclaimed Baggage" (this is done at Angor Fortress, 42.31) (the Pack is in an orange barrel on the left entrance of the fortress, and the Rapier is on the weapon rack going through the right entrance of the fortress)
20) You should be about level 41 right now, if not, that's okay.
21) Hearth to Grom'gol.
22) Go turn in all the The Green Hills of Stranglethorn Chapters/Quests at Nesingwary's Expedition (35.10) if you have all the pages for it, if not you have another chance to turn this in again later. You can also look in the AH for your missing pages.
26) Run into Swamp of Sorrows...
04) Go to Stonard (45.54)
05) Make Stonard your home.
08) Get FP.
14) Go do the following quests:
20) Hearth to Stonard.
22) Should be about lvl 42 now, if not that's okay. Get new hunter spells/abilities.
02) Accept all of the following quests in BB: "The Bloodsail Buccaneers" "Up to Snuff" "Venture Company Mining" "Zanzil's Secret" "Akiris by the Bundle" "Voodoo Dues" "Stoley's Debt" "Stranglethorn Fever" and "Keep An Eye Out"
03) Make BB your home.
04) Go do in the following order:
05) "The Bloodsail Buccaneers" along with "Up to Snuff" and "Keep An Eye Out" (these are done at the shore around 31.80, and some more mobs can be found at 27.70). Also do "Stranglethorn Fever" (for "Stranglethorn Fever" you will need one gorilla fang, and the witch doctor is in the cave at 34.60)
11) Go to Grom'gol.
14) Then run all the way up and turn in "Big Game Hunter". Also if you haven't yet, turn in all the The Green Hills of Stranglethorn Chapters/Quests You can also look in the AH for your missing pages, or you can simply skip the quest.
15) Hearth to BB.
17) Get on the boat to go to Ratchet..
18) Fly to Dustwallow Marsh...
04) Fly to Mudsprocket (Dustwallow Marsh).
08) Go do the following steps (9 - 16) in any order:
11) "Razzeric's Tweaking" (there is a box at 54.56)
14) "The Essence of Enmity"
15) "Banner of the Stonemaul" (this banner is inside the cave at 38.69)
19) Go do "Challenge to the Black Flight" (at 53.76). Once it's done go back and turn it in.
20) Fly to Brackenwall Village (Dustwallow Marsh).
24) Fly to Tanaris...
01) Go into Gadgetzan...
05) Make Gadgetzan your home.
07) Accept "Keeping Pace"
09) Accept "Back to Booty Bay" (at Kravel Koalbeard)
10) Go turn in "Rizzle's Schematics" at Pozzik.
11) Hearth back to Gadgetzan.
12) Turn in "Safety First" ... i SKIP the next part to this quest.
13) Grind your way east to Steamwheedle Port. (67.23)
16) Go complete these quests:
18) Go do all of the following (steps 19 - 23) at Lost Rigger Cove (72.47):
24) Once they're all done, hearth to Gadgetzan.
27) Go to Steamwheedle Port.
30) Hearth to Gadgetzan. Make sure you save (put in your bank) all the Wastewander Water Pouches you have, because you will need them for a later quest.
32) Fly to Freewind Post.
01) Run into Camp Mojache. (75.44)
03) Get FP.
04) Make Camp Mojache your home.
05) Go do in the following order:
10) Go back to Camp Mojache, turn in ALL those quests, accept all new quests.
22) Do the following:
23) I then Fly to Orgrimmar...
24) Once there I make it my new home. Then I make sure I get 120 Silk cloth and 120 Mageweave out from either my bank or mailbox. For those of you who can't add, that's 6 stacks of 20 for both Silk and Mageweave.
34) Fly to Splintertree Post (Ashenvale)
02) Go do them (at 17.66 and 20.62), and turn them in.
03) Go to Valormok (at 21.52)
05) Get FP there and hearth to Orgrimmar, if hearthstone is still on a cooldown, just fly to Orgrimmar.
06) Head to Under City.
10) You can put the 'Field Testing Kit' and the 'Box of Empty Vials' in the Bank for now.
11) Get on the zeppelin to go to Grom'gol...
PLEASE READ: As of the 2.3 patch (with all the faster leveling changes) by the time you get to this section you should already be level 47. Because of this when following my guide, you should skip this entire section and go right into 47-47 Stranglethorn Vale section below. I will leave this section for reference purposes only. However if you are in your early 46s you can consider doing this section. As a personal comment, I never really enjoyed doing Hinterlands anyways :)
Here are the prerequisites to this section:
02) Ride all the way to Revantusk Village (at 77.80)
04) Before you go out and start questing make sure you stock up heavily on food/water/supplies cause you won't be back to town for while.
05) Then go do the following:
11) "Testing the Vessel"
17) Yeah the good 'ol hinterlands grind.. have fun LOL.
21) Go to Revantusk Village.
22) Turn in ALL quests.
23) Get FP and fly to Hammerfall (Arathi Highlands).
24) I then get all my magewaeve out from my mailbox.
25) Go to Doctor Gregory Victor to build up first aid...
26) ...I'm usually able to get at least 260 first aid for the Runecloth Bandage. However, try to save the rest of the mageweave cloth for the Cloth Donation quest turn ins (in all the major cities).
27) Fly back to TM.
29) Ride back into Hinterlands (don't fly)
31) Hearth to TM.
33) Fly to the UC.
34) Go to magic quarter and turn in "A Donation of Mageweave" (you need 60 mageweave cloth for this quest)
02) Fly to BB.
04) Make BB your home.
10) Hearth back to BB, if hearth stone still is on a cooldown, die on purpose.
12) Fly to Kargath (Badlands)..
14) Go into Searing Gorge...
03) Go up north-west, Talk to Kalaran Windblade (at 39.38) on way to Thorium Point (35.25). Do first his listen to me quest "Divine Retribution". In order to get "The Flawless Flame" Once at Thorium Point collect ALL quests there and get the FP there too.
04) Then do the following (steps 5 - 13 in any order):
15) Do "The Flame's Casing" (around 24.36). Just keep killing the mobs there until the item drops.
18) Do "Set Them Ablaze!" (north=33.54, south=44.61, east=50.54, west=35.60). Once that is done, go back and turn it in.
19) Click on the little chest on the ground (at 38.38) and accept "Trinkets...", then click on the chest again to turn it in.
21) Once all that's done, turn all Searing Gorge quests in. make sure you have all 20 solid crystal leg shafts.
22) Head south into Burning Steppes (You have to go through Black Rock Mountains)..
23) I discover some areas, then get FP there (at 65.25), and fly directly to Stonard (swamp of sorrows)...
01) Do NOT make Stonard your home. (it should still be Booty Bay)
05) Go back to Stonard.
07) Get new hunter spells/abilities
10) Head north east and..
12) Then die on purpose, so you end up at Stonard.
15) Hearth to Booty Bay.
16) Get on the boat to go to Ratchet.
21) Go to Mudsprocket and fly to Brackenwall Village.
23) Do "Challenge Overlord Mok'Morokk" Then turn it in.
24) Fly to Tanaris..
PLEASE READ: As of the 2.3 patch (with all the faster leveling changes) by the time you get to this section you should already be level 49. Because of this when following my guide, you should skip this entire section and go right into 49-50 Tanaris. I will leave this section for reference purposes only. However if you are in your early 48s you can consider doing this section. Hunters may also consider going here to get Claw Rank7.
03) Make Camp Mojache your home.
07) Go do the chicken escort quest (starts at 53.55).
10) Do the following quests:
16) ..Hearth to Camp Mojache.
02) Make Gadgetzan your home.
03) Turn in "Ledger from Tanaris" and "Into the Field" ... accept and complete "Slake That Thirst" SKIP "Tanaris Field Sampling" ... Accept: "The Thirsty Goblin" "Noxious Lair Investigation" "Super Sticky" "Thistleshrub Valley" and "The Dunemaul Compound"
05) Go do in the following order:
11) Run to Gadgetzan.
15) Go do:
18) If the "OOX-17/TN Distress Beacon" item drops, accept the quest "Find OOX-17/TN!"
19) Turn in "Find OOX-17/TN!" (at 60.64)
20) Then do the Chicken escort "Rescue OOX-17/TN!"
21) Once all those quests are finished..
22) Hearth to Gadgetzan.
26) Fly to Orgrimmar..
27) Make Orgrimmar your home.
28) Get the Box of Empty Vials out of your Bank.
29) Fly to Azshara...
02) Go do:
07) Then fly to Thunder Bluff..
09) Hearth to Orgrimmar.
14) Go to The Undercity, head to the Apothecarium Quarter...
20) Fly to Tarren Mill (Hillsbrad)...
04) Go to Raventusk Village (at 77.80)
08) Go do in the following order:
13) Get FP there and fly to Hammerfall (Arathi Highlands)
14) Build up first aid at Doctor Gregory Victor.
15) Hearth to Orgrimmar.
16) Fly to Azshara.
17) Turn in all 4 delivery quests.
18) If you're not level 51, grind till you are.
19) Fly to Ratchet.
21) Fly to Thunder Bluff.
22) Make Thunder Bluff your home.
23) NOTE: ONLY do the following if you are using a class that buys mana to drink and that you have at least 15 gold: Go to the AV battlemaster (at 56.76 in TB) and enter AV (Alterac Valley) (choose "First Available"). Once in AV go to Grunnda Wolfheart <Frostwolf Supply Officer> (at 49.82) and buy as many Alterac Manna Biscuits as you can (buy as many so you only have like 5-10 gold left). Then to leave AV, simply type: /afk. These Biscuits will help replenish mana and health much faster, thus making leveling a lot faster.
24) Fly to Tanaris.
30) Then go into Un'Goro Crater...
PLEASE READ: As of the 2.3 patch (with all the faster leveling changes) by the time you get to this section you should already be level 51. Because of this when following my guide, you should skip this entire section and go right into 51-52 Un'Goro Crater. I will leave this section for reference purposes only. However if you are in your early 50s you can consider doing this section.
01) I then find all the items to complete these 5 quests:
07) You need to find these many items to complete those quests:
13) While I'm in Blasted Lands, I discover most of all the areas for XP.
16) Turn in all quests.
04) Go into Marshal's Refuge (43.10), accept ALL quests there: "Chasing A-Me 01" "Shizzle's Flyer" "Lost!" "Beware of Pterrordax" "Roll the Bones" "Alien Ecology" "Expedition Salvation" "Larion and Muigin"
06) Get FP there, then go do the Ungoro Grind :) ...
07) NOTES: don't worry about the ungoro dirt mounds, you'll find enough soil from mob drops. Also I don't worry about the Bloodpetal Sprouts, as they are not turned in for any XP.
18) Then go do:
26) ...This leads back to Marshal's Refuge, Turn in ALL quests there, accept new ones (including all the Pylon quests in the cave).
27) Then go do (in the following order):
32) Go west killing oozes along the way..
35) Go back to Marshal's Refuge killing oozes along the way..
37) Fly to Tanaris.
39) Hearth to Thunder Bluff.
40) Go to Elder Rise.
42) ...but SKIP the next part (the part that says bring 10 Morrowgrain)
43) Go get new spells/abilities.
44) Fly to XRs.
45) Make XRs your home.
46) Fly to Ratchet..
48) Get on the boat to go to BB..
50) Also turn in "Rescue OOX-17/TN!" (if you did it)
51) Fly to Kargath (Badlands)..
02) Then go do:
04) Work your way to the cave (at 94.31) and accept "A Taste of Flame". Then turn it in.
09) Fly to Kargath (Badlands)
13) Hearth to XRs.
14) Fly to Orgrimmar.
16) Fly to Splintertree Post, (Ashenvale).
17) Go north into Felwood...
PLEASE READ: As of the 2.3 patch (with all the faster leveling changes) by the time you get to this section you should already be level 54 (or really close to it). Because of this when following my guide, you should skip this entire section and go right into 54-54 Felwood. I will leave this section for reference purposes only. However if you are in your early 53s you can consider doing this section.
04) Then go do:
06) I grind away at Blood Elves all the way to level 54 while doing "Kim'jael Indeed!" and "Betrayed" (turn this in at 59.31 ... accept and do the next part to this quest) (this is all done at the Thalassian Base Camp, 56.28)
07) I grind Blood Elves, cause their "squishy" mobs (mobs that have 30% fewer health/armor, than the average mob that level). I used to grind Satyrs on previous speed runs, but I was able to cut off a whole hour with the Blood Elves.
08) OPTIONAL: Instead of the grinding you could go do BRD instance instead.
14) Hearth to Orgrimmar.
16) Fly to Splintertree Post (Ashenvale)..
06) Go to BloodVenom Post. (34.52)
08) Get FP there.
09) Go do in the following order:
13) Grind your way through the cave to go to Winterspring...
02) Go to Donova Snowden (at 31.45)
05) Go to Everlook.. (61.38)
08) Make Everlook your home.
14) Hearth back to Everlook.
16) Then go do the following quests (steps 17-20, in any order) to the west and some to the north:
18) "Threat of the Winterfall" you should find Empty Firewater Flask which starts "Winterfall Firewater" while doing this quest. When the "Winterfall Ritual Totem" item drops, save it and put it in your bank you will need it later.
23) Then go do:
26) Hearth to Everlook..
28) Fly to Felwood (BloodVenom Post)...
02) Fly to Emerald Sanctuary (In Felwood)..
09) Go to Bloodvenom Post.
11) Fly to Emerald Sanctuary.
15) Then go up north and do:
19) Then run through the cave (you should be Unfriendly with Timbermaw, so they shouldn't attack you)..
22) Hearth to Everlook.
23) Fly to Orgrimmar..
25) Go to the Under City.
28) Make Under City your home.
29) Go to the Bulwark... (which is a small village east of Tirisfal Glades)
PLEASE READ: As of the 2.3 patch (with all the faster leveling changes) by the time you get to this section you should be very close to level 56. Because of this when following my guide, you should skip this entire section and go right into 55-56 Western Plaguelands. I will leave this section for reference purposes only. However if you are in your early 55s you can consider doing this section.
Here are the prerequisites to this section:
-Accept "Taking Back Silithus" In Orgrimmar.
01) Accept: "Report to General Kirika" "The Twilight Mystery" "Deadly Desert Venom" and "Wanted - Deathclasp, Terror of the Sands" (Wanted Poster). Turn in "Taking Back Silithus" ... accept "Securing the Supply Lines"
03) Then turn them in and accept new quests.
04) Then go do:
08) Go do "Noggle's Last Hope" along with "Scouring the Desert" Once you find the Silithyst item which looks like a glowing red thing, bring it back to the PVP horde base and stand in the teleporter looking thing, then turn the quest in for 6,600 XP!
09) "Wanted - Deathclasp, Terror of the Sands" (Elite) (40.90) This quest is very easy to solo at lvl 55 (See Video). If your class has troubles, either find a group to help, or you can simply skip it.
10) Once all of those are done, go turn them in at Cenarion Hold, accept new ones.
13) Then I die on purpose, so I end up at Cenarion Hold.
15) Fly to Marshal's Refuge in Un'Goro Crater.
17) Fly to Tanaris.
19) Hearth to Orgrimmar.
20) Go to the Under City.
23) Make Under City your home.
24) Go to the Bulwark... (which is a small village east of Tirisfal Glades)
02) ... (make sure you get a Flame in a Bottle first, before doing this quest, it's in the box)
04) Accept and complete "Argent Dawn Commission"
06) Go into the Western Plaguelands (Felstone field at 37.56) and...
08) Go to the barn next door, and...
14) Go complete the whole Cauldron quest chain, you need to kill the Cauldron Lord at each targeted field (listed below), grab their key and use it at the big cauldron in the middle of the field. (Just keep going back and forth from The Bulwark to the next field completing each one, turning them in and then accepting and doing the next one)...
16) "Target: Dalson's Tears" (46.52). NOTE: While you are here, there is a small quest chain here that starts with a little Diary in the barn (47.50) called "Mrs. Dalson's Diary", just click that to complete the quest. Now, after you did that, then you need to kill a Wandering Skeleton to get a key that opens the outhouse behind the barn. After you get the key and open the outhouse, it will release a Farmer Dalson, a level 56 undead. Kill him, grab that key, and then run in the house (that is right next to the barn) and go up the stairs, there you will find a cabinet, open the cabinet with that key (For the quest "Locked Away") and finally it's over. Easy 10200 XP! Or was it?
03) Go down in the crypt at The Undercroft (24.78) and accept "Hameya's Plea" (the scroll on the ground).
04) Grind your way to Darrowshire (32.83) while doing these quests:
12) Go to Light's Hope Chapel (at 75.53)
15) Get FP there. Then go do:
18) "Hameya's Plea" (66.11)
26) Grind your way through the cave (12.24) (watch out it is not easy)
NOTE: If the cave is too hard for you, another easy alternative is to take the Tower Gryphon ride from the Plaguewood Tower (18.27) to the Crown Guard tower (35.68), as long as the horde has control over the towers that is. Then turn in "Demon Dogs" "Blood Tinged Skies" and "Carrion Grubbage" accept "Redemption" ... Just talk to the guy to complete it ... I SKIP "Of Forgotten Memories" (you can try it if you find a group)
29) Go to the dirt mound behind the crypt and turn in "Hameya's Plea"
30) Hearth to Under City..
03) Do "Two Halves Become One" (Jabbering ghouls out in Felstone Field drop the item you need, once you get the item right-click it in your inventory), then go back to the lady in the house to turn it in.
06) Turn in "Unfinished Business" part1 (back at 51.28) ... accept "Unfinished Business" part2, then go do it. The 2 mobs for this quest are at (57.37 and 54.24). While doing this quest make sure you do "The So-Called Mark of the Lightbringer" along with it, it's up in the top of the tower at 54.23)
07) Turn in "Unfinished Business" part2 (back at 51.28) ... accept "Unfinished Business" part3, then go do it. Need to go up in the tower (at 45.19) in a certain spot, watch out for Elites. (See Video)
13) Go into Andorhal..
16) Go do (while grinding away at mobs):
18) "The Annals of Darrowshire" the book for this is in the building at (42.67), the actual Annals of Darrowshire book looks different from the others, it has a lighter tint on the top portion of the pages in the book, unlike the rest which has a darker tint on the top portion of the pages. (See Video)
22) Then go back to the Bulwark..
29) As soon as I hit 58 and "Skeletal Fragments" and "Defiling Uther's Tomb" are done and you also have 30 Bone Fragments (please note, if you are far off from the 30 bone fragments, then you can just skip it), then go back to the Bulwark and turn in "Defiling Uther's Tomb" and "Skeletal Fragments" .. I SKIP "Mold Rhymes With..."
30) I turn in any scourge stones, I have.
32) Go to Undercity and then fly to Light's Hope Chapel, Eastern Plaguelands.
34) Accept and turn in "Bonescythe Digs"
35) Fly to Hammerfall (Arathi Highlands)
36) Build up first aid, make sure you get heavy runecloth bandage.
37) Hearth to Undercity.
38) You should just about be level 59 right now. Complete the following steps in the 59-60 Outland Grind section if you have the Burning Crusade Expansion. (If you do NOT have the BC Expansion then please follow the steps in the box below:)
2-->Go through the Dark Portal (south of Blasted Lands).
3-->First thing you'll notice in front of you is a bunch of HUGE demons killing a bunch of NPCs, no need to worry about it now.
6-->Then Fly to Thrallmar...
9-->Make Thrallmar your home.
10-->Start grinding away at Wrathguards and such at the Legion Front (72.56 in Hellfire Peninsula) until level 60. So get ready for a long grind session!.
11-->Now to continue on questing once you hit 60, go to my Outland Guide!
NOTE: The reason why you go to Outland right now at 59, instead of 60, is because you earn about twice as much XP per mob kill than you do in Azeroth. So this IS faster than questing in Azeroth at this point in the game.
Good luck, and I hope this guide has tremendously helped you!
Tips/tricks that will help you level faster:
1. If your goal is to level really fast, then you're gonna have to stop worrying about professions, they will slow you down if anything. The only profession I use is First Aid.
Hunter specific tips/tricks:
1. before taming a pet, lay down a frost trap, so the mob freezes solid for a while, instead of having it hit you repeatedly.
"Q" Hunter's Mark
Joana, how long did it take you to come up with these awesome leveling routes?
Good question, I went through 8 different horde characters, racing myself to 60 on new servers with each one, I was the first to 60 every time, but my main goal was not first to 60 but a better /played time with each attempt. With each race I basically paid very close attention to every little detail on the fastest way to do the quests etc.. Then in-between new servers, I would spend all my time trying to figure out how to do the next server even faster! I had went through several test characters to find the best grinding spots, figuring out which quests to skip and finding more quests I could do (by looking them up on wow.allakhazam.com or Thottbot.com) Each time improving upon my memorization of everything, I put a LOT of thought in this whole leveling process. I spent literally about 6 solid months doing nothing but coming up with this leveling pattern you have here. For more info on my speed runs you can see my interview here at BlizzardGuides.com
What UI Mods do I use?
I get asked this a lot! I use cosmos UI (www.cosmosui.org) but I only use a few mods that come with it, mainly "Cooldown Count" (the mod that shows the cooldowns of my abilities in yellow on the action bar), "Bar Options" (the only reason I use this is for the "out of range coloring" option), "Census Plus" (which allows me to see a whole census of the current faction side of the server, all the players and their levels in nice graphs), "PopBar". This is the UI mod that allows me to drop spells/abilities/macros in that huge box on the lower right hand side of the screen, I then have all of those hot keyed for easy game play, please note that the Popbar mod no longer works, I now just use Blizzard's side action bars which pretty much work the same way. "Scrolling Combat Text" (SCT) (I turn everything off on this except the "show dodges", this tells me when I can use the Mongoose Bite ability, since you can only do those after dodges), and a few other minor UI mods (such as map coordinates etc.).
If you're into RAIDING you may want to look into other mods that will help you with groups better, you can check out www.curse-gaming.com for all kinds of different UI mods that will help your class or your play style. To know more about me better along with my other gaming accomplishments, you can visit my official site at FuriousPaul.com
View Traffic To This Guide